Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A day of note

One noteworthy thing that happened today was that there was a fire alarm in the girls dorm at 2 in the morning and I had to get up for clinical at 4:30 in the morning. That resulted in a very tired me working in the hospital on the floor taking care of a patient today. Mrs. Pusey grouched/yelled/chastised me for not being up to my best performance today and for not writing clearly enough on the chart. I was almost in tears at the end of the day. I had a really nice patient though, to make up for the horribleness of the rest of the day.

Another noteworthy occurrence is that when I got back to my room after dinner I had a message from one of the other students that I past the patient off to at the shift change. She was requesting that I give her a call and answer a question about my pt's output over my shift. She gave me the unit ext. but not the hospital number. I looked up the number, called them, got transferred and spoke with her all without any panic attacks. This might not sound like a very big accomplishment to most of you but I am phobic of two things: needles and phones. I've been working on the needles with some success, but phones don't like me and I don't like them. It is s red-letter day when I can call someone without having to calm and psyc myself up to dial. Sooo, yaah me!

1 comment:

Mama Bird said...

What a day!!!