Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Caught up?

I feel a little bit at a loss as to what I should do. I have gotten use to a sense of urgency, of "Oh no! I have five projects due this week and half that are due tomorrow! I must stay up all night! The sleep I get must be fitful and unrestful! I must get a stress ulcer!" I got use to that in the past month to month and a half that now I don't know what to do.

I have a quiz tomorrow, a test next Tuesday, two more videos to watch, and Bib card due some time soon but I don't know when and that's all for this coming week (that's not for clinical, which doesn't quite count because I can't work on that stuff)


I could study for the quiz but I've been watching videos all afternoon about the same things in the chapers, and all morning going over those chapters in class. I can't watch any more videos because the lab is closed. I already choose my article for the first bibliography card and the Pharmacology test isn't until next Tuesday. I can't get too worked up over something that's a week away.

This is a very odd feeling. I used to always be caught up with my school work, but that slowly slipped away from me this semester for many reasons such as, but not limited to...
  1. Books not coming on time at the beginning of the semester
  2. Group projects that you had to work on when everyone could be there, and some people wouldn't come
  3. Massive amounts of reading, so much so that I didn't even know where to start
  4. It's nursing! Hellooo! Insanily, huge amounts of really big, hard concepts to comprehend with insanily, huge amounts of work to go along with it!

Yeah, that's pretty much it. So, I'm caught up in work with the Med-Surg/OB switch. Or I think that I am. For the next 2 months I will be living in fear that I've forgotten something vitally important. Sometime when I'm not overly tired I'll tell you about OB and Mrs. Diller. Later.

No comments: