Sunday, July 10, 2005

Good Morning

It is currently past midnight. I am not normally up this late. In fact our house usually tries to be winding down by ten thirty. Tonight everyone is still up. I'm talking with friends both online and on the phone, Beth is cooking chili and packing, Dad is helping Beth pack (she leaves for Gram's house on Monday), and Mom is helping everyone. We are more active now than we were during the whole afternoon. We napped. All. Day.

I had two books recommended to me by a friend and I thought I would pass them on. The first is The Journey of Desire by John Eldredge. I have read one of his books and it was very good. This one is about Christian priorities and distinguishing Godly desires from worldly desires.


The second is the new Philip Yancy book Rumors of Another World. This is about finding God in the natural world and (I understand) evidences of heaven. I haven't read either of these yet but I am planning on it. I'll let you know what I think of it after I do.

I have been studying history all week, "helping" Ally after her wisdom teeth removal, and trying to get hospital experience via volunteering. I don't think that volunteering will work from something one of the CNA's dropped about not being able to see the patients. That means that I would be practicing vital signs et. al. which was kind of the purpose.

It looks like I will be going to the nursing homes and trying to work something out. The problem is that I doubt that anyone would want to hire me for only one month. I'm kind of nervous about that because I really do need the experience. It’s hard to believe that I will be back to school in about five weeks.


Anyway, good night all. Or perhaps good morning. It might be best merely to say "Rest well, where ever you are."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were the nursing home DON I'd hire you on as a perdiem, get you all oriented and then you could work there a little on vacations and all.