Saturday, May 28, 2005

Happy Sabbath Everyone!

The kitty woke me up at 6:30 wanting to be feed, at least I think it was her that woke me up. She may have had the sun's help. Yes, the SUN! The light may be a little diluted and there may be more clouds than sky showing but we have sunlight.

When I actually (finally) got out of bed at 7:30 and looked out of my back window I saw a goldfinch fluttering around the apple tree. The blossoms on the tree are white with a very subtle pink hue. There are only a few leaves on the tree also and, looking down on it, it looked like a Japanese engraving. The bright yellow of the finch in the early light fit perfectly between the deep brown of the branches and the pale flowers.

It isn't often that I have that kind of beautiful picture when I wake up with the sun, perhaps because I so rarely do (wake up early, that is) but almost all of them have happened on Sabbath morning.

No comments: